അൽ-ഉദ്മാൻ ഇ.എം.എച്ച്.എസ്.എസ്. കഴക്കൂട്ടം/അക്ഷരവൃക്ഷം/Disease Prevention
Nowadays, the world is going through a vicious crisis. All over the world, the people are struggling to get rid of the perilous, covid-19. That is, a simple, extremely micro-sized virus have caused the death of above 1 lakh people around the world, destruction of world economy, the superpower countries like China, USA are going through lot of struggles. Yes, this 75 nm sized virus have caused this much effects in these world. But, every problem has a solution. Likewise, to prevent these disease, the only solution is personal hygiene . This disease is spread due to the lack of personal hygiene in people. So, the close contact with the infected person lead to spread the menace disease. Now, everyone all over the world is alerted by maintaining social distance to avoid contact, washing hands frequently with soap to destroy the virus. The motto is ‘Stay home, stay safe'. Likewise, every disease can be controlled to some extent by maintaining personal hygiene. But, different disease have different preventive measures. However, every disease have some basic preventive measures or actions or routines. Without questions, the most important positive action we can take to prevent illness and disease is exercise. Exercise prevents a long list of diseases that can cause chronic or severe illness, disability and even death, including cancer, heart disease, stroke, high BP, depression, anxiety and stress. Next measure is not to smoke. The most negative lifestyle behaviour is smoking. It contributes to the development of almost all diseases, notably cancer, asthma, cholesterol, diabetes etc. The best thing we can do for our body is exercise; the worst is smoke. To reduce the risk of severe diseases, some recommended medical testing and check ups are needed :
• Yearly check up
• Yearly dental exam
• Monthly breast self exams
• Mammogram initially by the age of 40;high risk by age 35,
Next we can prevent diseases through nutrition to some extent the health benefits and risk of foods has been and always be the source of excitement, controversy and research. Eating diet rich fruits, vegetables and moderate in everything else has been consistently found to be most beneficial. Some of the most beneficial foods, according to recent research include the following:
• Tomatoes and tomato products contain vitamin c and , antioxidant cancer fighting chemicals that reduce digestive tract and other types types of cancer.
• Broccoli contains phytochemicals that are thought to make cancer cells less toxic.
• Spinach is rich in folate, fibre, iron and nutrients needed especially in women.
• Tea contains phytochemicals which are cancer cell fighters. Green tea has been associated with a lower risk of stomach, esophageal and liver cancer.
• Nuts contain fibres and vitamin e, both of which prevents heart disease and cancer.
Taking everything in to consideration, apart from different countries’ government actions to protect or promote the health and well being of the population as a whole, the cooperation of people to take precautions and self defence against these diseases are also required.