എം. എസ്. സി. എച്ച്. എസ്. പെർഡാല നീർച്ചാൽ
|എം. എസ്. സി. എച്ച്. എസ്. പെർഡാല നീർച്ചാൽ|
MSCHS is a Kannada Medium School, Kannada is taught as the main language and also as the second language. Sanskrit is taught as Main Language for those who opt for it. English is taught as the Second Language and Hindi is taught as Third Language; in addition other subjects like Social Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are also taught.
Physical Training, Drawing, Computer Training, Scouts and Guides training are all included in the curriculum. Cultural activities, Games and Sports are other extra curricular activities for the all-round development of the children. Pupils are allowed to express their talents in the School Level Youth Festival. Those who win in this level are allowed to participate in Sub – District level competitions, If they win then they are sent to the District level competition; if the pupil win in the district level they are sent to State Level Youth Festival. This is similar in the Sanskrit Festival as well.
We have altogether 8 buildings. Our Lower primary section is housed in Post-KER building along with an office cum Staff Room. Our Upper Primary and High School section are spread over Pre KER and Post KER building. The Pre KER building contains 17 rooms in addition to the laboratory. Post KER buildings have 18 rooms in addition to two Computer Labs. There is a genuine open air stage to perform cultural activities and to exhibit student talents as and when occasion arises. There is a proper complex with modern facilities built as per Supreme Court direction. Our structures are spread over about two acres of land in a serene atmosphere. Our students Co-operative stores is housed in a separate room which started functioning in 1923; was registered and formally inaugurated on 12-12-1938.
Our playground is spread over more than two acres where every facilities are made available for games. Pupil participate not only in school competitions but also in inter school competitions.
Recently Kindergarten has started for the benefit of young children. In addition English medium has been implemented
It was the year 1909, to say; the early days of freedom struggle. Some benevolent and patriotic gentleman of the locality and adjacent villagers got together for a discussion and resolved that real emancipation and deliverance of the people really lies in educating them. In those days there were no schools worth the name anywhere nearby. They chose Khandige Shambhatta and Khandige Iswara Bhatta the two outstanding brothers as their leaders and entrusted them with the task of opening a school for the benefit of the people. They formed an association for this purpose name “Sumithra Darshana Sabha” in the year 1910.
In the year 1911 a Sanskrit Elementary School. School was started on the sacred premises of Peradala Udaneshwara Temple. At first Mahamahopadhyaya Kodmad Shankaranarayana Shastri was the only teacher. Later on Sri Peradala Krishnayya, Sri K.S Parameshwara Shastri and Sri N.Keshava Bhatta joined them.
Sri Khandige Iswara Bhatta a matriculate; admitted his elder son Sri Khandige Krishna Bhatta, to bring confidence among the local people. He was the first person to plunge into freedom struggle from this area later. In the year 1913 the school was recognized as Advanced Sanskrit School, “Mahajana Patashala” by name; by the Government Of Madras, as the whole of South Canara District then belonged to Madras Province. In the year 1915 the school was shifted to the present more congenial place called Nirchal, which means plenty of water, in Peradala Village. In the year 1918 the name of the association was changed to “Havyaka Dravida Brahmins Vidyabhivardhaka Sanga” and was registered as per law.
In the year 1920 the then Madras University upgraded the Mahajana Patashala; as an Oriental College and enabled it to give instructions for Vidvan Title course with Sanskrit and Kannada as Co-Ordinate Languages. This was the only institution which had affiliation in the above course in the Madras Presidency. Mahamahopadhyaya Sri P. Shankara Shastri was the first principal. In 1933 College was further approved to give instruction for Sahithya Shiromani title course and also Vidvan with Kannada main and Sanskrit subsidiary courses. This was the college where Vidvan Kannada was introduced for the first time. As this was the new introduction the admission increased; to accommodate this new buildings were added making the whole structure a quadrangular one.
The institution attained 25 years in the year 1938. The Silver Jubilee of the institution was celebrated on 10-12-1938 to 12-12-1938 for three days, with its gaiety and splendor.
In the year 1952 the advanced section of the Sanskrit College was converted to an Oriental High School to give instruction in Modern Subjects also. The last batch of Sanskrit entrance appeared to the Public Examination in 1955 and the First batch of S.S.L.C appeared in 1958. Management revised its name to “Mahajana Vidyabhivardhaka Sangha”, in 1953.
After the States Re organization in 1956, the school set up was divided into Lower Primary, Upper Primary and High School as per new rules. The Oriental High School become a General High School in the new set up in 1957. The College was affiliated to Kerala University and the courses were changed to three year courses which hitherto were four year courses. They were named Kannada Vidvan and Sanskrit Vidvan. The last batch of the Vidvan courses appeared to the Public Examination in 1964.
Since then the institution is having Lower Primary Section, Upper Primary Section and High School Sections. The Golden Jubilee of the institutions were celebrated on 19-01-1964 to 21-01-1964 in a grand scale and magnificence for three days similarly Diamond Jubilee was held on 07-01-1974 (for one day).
We have an excellent library with several rare books. It includes Sanskrit, Kannada, English and Malayalam books in addition to this we have some rare manuscripts in our library. Language wise their numbers are Sanskrit – 713, Kannada – 9046, English -608, Malayalam – 215
• Student strength in • L.PSchool: Boys – 87, Girls – 77 , Total – 164 • L.PSchool Staff – 06 • High school Strength • Pupils in U.P Section – Boys 106, Girls – 89, Total – 195 • H.S Section – Boys – 232, Girls – 283 Total – 515 • StaffHigh School – 27 • Non Teaching Staff – Clerk – 01, Attenders 03, Total – 04